This approach is helpful for people who:
-Have never meditated before
-Already have an established meditation practice
-Believe that they cannot meditate
-Are at an impasse or want more from their meditation practice
-Value honesty, inquiry, and independence
-Wish to discover new ways to engage with the dharma
Simple Instructions for a meditation practice:
- Choose a comfortable position and an amount of time you would like to meditate.
- Let your thoughts, feelings and sensations move, holding your body relatively still.
- If you feel overwhelmed at any point you can bring your focus to an object (your body, a phrase or picture, the breath), or you can get up and move around.
- At the end of your meditation session, reflect back upon your experience by writing it down or simply remembering.
- Explore about your experience with a teacher, peer or friend.
Sati Sangha offers a variety of online and in-person opportunities for learning and practicing this approach to meditation:
- Online Groups: Reflection, Meditation and Discussion, Study and Discussion
- Local Meetups
- Online Retreats
- Individual Sessions with Linda
Linda will arrange to meet with you, in person, on the phone or online, to have a conversation about the most suitable way for us to work together in your meditation practice. There is no charge for this consultation.