This approach is helpful for people who:
-Have never meditated before
-Already have an established meditation practice
-Believe that they cannot meditate
-Are at an impasse or want more from their meditation practice
-Value honesty, inquiry, and independence
-Wish to discover new ways to engage with the dharma
Simple Instructions for a meditation practice:
- COMFORT: Choose a comfortable position and an amount of time you would like to meditate.
- RELATIVE STILLNESS: Let your thoughts, feelings and sensations move, holding your body relatively still.
- CARE: If you feel overwhelmed at any point you can bring your focus to an object (your body, a phrase or picture, the breath), or you can get up and move around.
- REFLECT: At the end of your meditation session, reflect back upon your experience by writing it down or simply remembering.
- VOICE: Explore about your experience with a teacher, peer or friend.