“Perhaps a new era is dawning where large organizations and charismatic leaders are less needed for individuals to learn the dharma and maintain their practice.”
– Anna Markey, Coast and City Sangha
How to continue with dharma and meditation amidst ethical crises was at the heart of the GenX Buddhist Teachers and the Sakyidhita conferences last month. I came away with a few questions to contemplate and discuss with our sangha:
- Is meditation in itself enough for an ethical practice?
- How effective is adding in recollection and reflection?
- Why do we consider it important to share our meditative experience with other people, allowing our vulnerabilities to be seen, knowing that others may have a different perspective?
- What else could be included in a process of ‘ethical reflection’?
– Linda Modaro